We know that everyone is dealing with the challenges of social distancing during COVID-19 and that many are likely altering health and wellness routines. To assist providers and patients, we have compiled a list of resources for online workouts, educational supplements for children, stress management, and healthy eating. Please feel free to share these with patients, friends, and family. Please note that The CHP Group is providing these resources to assist with wellness during these challenging times. These are not intended to be nor should they be construed or used as medical advice.
If you have more resources to share, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll include them in a future blog post.
Exercise and Movement
As always, check with your healthcare provider (by phone or video chat) before beginning a new exercise program.
- 24GO and 24GO LIVE – Free custom workout app created by 24 Hour Fitness and available at https://www.24hourfitness.com/membership/24go/
- Daily Burn – Thousands of workout videos emphasizing group exercise currently offers a 60 day free trial with categories in Running, Yoga, and HIIT exercises available at https://dailyburn.com/landing
- CorePower Yoga On Demand – A yoga studio chain that is offering free trial and new selection of full yoga class videos every week based on technique and time length available at https://www.corepoweryogaondemand.com/
- HASfit – A husband and wife personal training duo who have 100’s of free workout videos for beginners, pre-natal, overall strength training, body-building, cardio, and enhanced athletic performance. Always free on their app for both Apple and Android, their website at www.hasfit.com and via their YouTube channel.
- Romper.com rounded up 10 online exercise programs for kids at https://www.romper.com/p/10-online-exercise-yoga-kid-classes-to-make-up-for-pe-22627985
- Headspace – This app (available for both Apple and Android phones) has new series called “Weathering the Storm” including mediation, sleep, and movement exercises centered on the stresses of lockdown. The site is also offering free premium (Headspace Plus) to anyone with a registered NPI. More info at https://www.headspace.com/health-covid-19
- Calm – This app (available for both Apple and Android phones) offers free meditation resources, videos, music, and audio series released focused on relieving stress on their blog at https://blog.calm.com/take-a-deep-breath
- Simple Habit – This app (available for both Apple and Android phones) has free meditation series focused on mindfulness, communication, and easing fear and anxiety on their blog at https://simplehabit.com/ease-your-coronavirus-anxiety
Many websites are offering access to their library of recipes as well as live streaming cooking demonstrations and more:
- Online recipes and instructional videos and streams
- ShelterBox USA, a disaster relief organization organized a Facebook group – Cooking through Corona. They are sharing staff and user submitted content at https://www.facebook.com/cookingthroughcorona/
- Bon Appetit magazine has a page devoted to cooking at home during COVID-19 and is featuring recipes with fewer ingredients at https://www.bonappetit.com/gallery/cooking-at-home-coronavirus
- Popsugar rounded up 11 free online cooking classes at https://www.popsugar.com/food/photo-gallery/47344274/embed/47344277/p
- The New York Times Cooking website has a page devoted to “Self-Quarantine Recipes” for home cooking at https://cooking.nytimes.com/topics/self-quarantine-recipes
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is a resource on food related safety issues and recommendations at https://www.eatright.org/coronavirus
- FDA – The FDA has posted food safety recommendations as related to the Coronavirus at https://www.fda.gov/food/food-safety-during-emergencies/food-safety-and-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
For the Kids
Experts note that setting up and keeping a regular routine for children including structured activities can help with the stress from social distancing and school disruptions.
- Smithsonian Learning Lab – Free online classes and learning modules with subjects in science, arts, social studies, and more at https://learninglab.si.edu/
- Scholastic Learning at Home – Free online activities and lessons based on age group of children and subject with additional resources for families and teachers at https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Oregon Public Broadcasting posted a list of “need-to-know resources” for Oregon parents with school-age children at https://www.opb.org/news/article/education-resources-parents-coronavirus-school-closed-oregon/
- The Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction has a COVID-10 Guidance and Resources page at https://www.k12.wa.us/about-ospi/press-releases/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-resources