The CHP Group is happy to announce a new, on-going series relate to scientific research strategies for integrative healthcare providers. This series will be published occasionally to highlight research techniques and resources.
PubMed is a free online resource of over 30 million citations of biomedical and life sciences literature with the goal of improving health. It was developed and continues to be maintained by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) and the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM) located within the National Institute of Health (NIH). Searchable content on PubMed includes MEDLINE, PubMed Central, and Bookshelf.
- MEDLINE consists of selected journal articles indexed with Medical Subject Headings (MeSH terms) and curated by funding and other metadata.
- PubMed Central (PMC) is an archive of free full-text articles from journals selected by the NLM and other articles collected in compliance with funding policies.
- Bookshelf is a component of PubMed for full-text books, select chapters, reports, databases and other biomedical, health, and life sciences documents.
PubMed updated its home page on May 18, 2020 to incorporate innovative technology in its search tools following an update to allow full access to mobile devices in April 2020. PubMed has also created a dedicated webpage for the latest COVID-19 research from the NIH.
It is useful to create a free login with PubMed to be able to access all available services. The following are select guides to get you up to speed and get the most out of PubMed depending to your learning preference.
Interactive PubMed Video Tutorials (Full List)
- Find the latest treatments for a disease or disorder
- PubMed subject search: how it works
- Get the full text for an article
- Save searches and set e-mail alerts
Written PubMed User Guide (Full List)