Services and Resources for Providers
CHP works hard to be a reliable resource and advocate for you. We pride ourselves on being more than a network – we are partners with our providers, members, and payers. We appreciate our providers commitment to quality and to our partnership. In exchange, we advocate for integrative health in the insurance markets and at the legislative level. We offer our network providers free electronic claims processing software, quick turn-around as well as accurate payment. There are many value added benefits that come with participating on our network – provider and staff training and free continuing education.
We believe strongly in the importance of access to high-quality integrative healthcare (IH) services – to that end we devote time and effort lobbying for public policy that protects and promotes access to the IH disciplines.
We offer our network providers and their employees workshops and continuing education free of charge. We value provider input and that is why we have providers chair and participate on oversight, policy, procedure and ad hoc committees. We are a provider-founded and provider-focused integrative healthcare organization.
Tell us what you think our congress and legislators need to know about complementary and alternative medicine! Click here to send us a message using our easy, online form.
- We monitor legislative activities on the local, state and national levels
- Our staff members travel to Washington, D.C. regularly to meet with our representatives to discuss the value of integrative healthcare as part of our health care system
- CHP produces white papers that are designed to educate health plan executives, providers, legislators and others about the value IH provides
- We support state provider associations including:
- Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OANP)
- Oregon Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (OAAOM)
- Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians (WANP)
- Washington East Asian Medicine Association (WEAMA)
- Idaho Association of Naturopathic Physicians (IANP)
- Idaho Acupuncture Association (IAA)
- Alaska Chiropractic Society (ACS)
- Montana Chiropractic Association (MCA)
- We believe that high-quality providers come from high-quality integrative healthcare schools and colleges. CHP supports schools including:
- University of Western States
- National College of Natural Medicine
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Bastyr University
CHP is committed to supporting the life-long learning process that providers on our network undertake when they become complementary and alternative medicine providers. To that end, we offer many educational opportunities for our providers, including:
- Free workshops for office staff and providers to assist in billing and industry knowledge
- Free CE on relevant topics for our network providers
- For example, when the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners required that all Oregon chiropractors receive two hours of boundaries continuing education, CHP arranged seminars on boundaries and patient management and ensured our content covered not only chiropractors, but also the issues that our acupuncturists, naturopathic physicians, and massage therapists face as well.
- With provider input, our Clinical Services department has developed standards for our network providers’ clinical records. This information is available to all our providers on our website.
- CHP has developed over 45 clinical pathways that provide treatment standards for commonly seen conditions. This information is valuable to the treating provider and can also educate them on what other disciplines can do for that condition.
- CHP continues to produce new clinically pathways annually.
- CHP Clinical News Blog – Frequently updated with information on integrative healthcare research, best practices, and other industry topics
- We seek out and value input from our provider network
- Three of our committees are comprised of CHP staff and network providers.
- These committees provide direction and oversight for policies and procedures that impact our providers.
- We survey our providers and their office staff annually regarding their satisfaction with their relationship with CHP
- We work with the integrative healthcare schools and professional organizations to further the integration of the IH disciplines into the healthcare system