FAQs for Employers

Does CHP contract with employers directly?
Yes! We work with employers who would like to self-fund their complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) benefits. Employers do not have to have self-funded medical benefits to work with CHP. You can have a fully-insured medical plan and still self-fund CAM with us. We can help employers meet their CAM needs through assistance with plan design and CAM consultation.

Does CHP provide customer service to members (employees) and employers?
Service excellence is very important to CHP. We are available to answer member (employee) and employer questions regarding eligibility, benefits, claims, providers or other general questions from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, Pacific Time.

When are invoices generated?
Invoices are typically generated the first of each month.

When do renewals occur?
Renewals occur annually and coincide with your plan year.

How are enrollments and changes submitted?
Enrollment changes are submitted electronically via our sFTP site. Please contact your CHP Account Manager for more information.

When and how do employees receive ID cards?
Generally, enrolled employees receive their ID cards by mail on or before the effective date of the benefit.

How are replacement ID cards ordered?
Replacement ID cards should be ordered through our Customer Service Department at 800-449-9479 or 503-203-8333.

Are benefits calculated on a calendar or benefit year basis?
Benefits are calculated on a calendar year basis unless a special exception is secured.

Where are premiums mailed?
Mail premiums to:

Attention: Accounts Receivable
The CHP Group
PO Box 278
Beaverton, OR 97075-0611

Can premiums be paid automatically?
Yes! We would be happy to make arrangements for an electronic funds transfer.

Where can I find detailed benefit information?
For detailed benefit information, please refer to your Summary Plan Description.

Will CHP provide member handbooks and provider directories?
In order to preserve our natural resources, CHP will provide electronic copies of the member handbook. It will be up to the employer to print copies of the handbook for employees. Additionally, we provide online access to our provider directory, giving members 24/7 access to to current provider information online at www.chpgroup.com. Use the search function on the right to search for providers by name, city/state, zip code and more.

Who do I contact to find out if enrollment changes have been made?
Questions regarding enrollment changes should be directed either to CHP Customer Service or to your Account Manager.

When can an employer make enrollment changes, such as additions or terminations?
Employers can make enrollment changes when a qualifying event occurs, such as employee hiring, termination, marriage, birth, or divorce. Please see the Summary Plan Description for a complete list of qualifying events.

Will I be assigned a specific Account Manager?
Yes, you will be assigned an Account Manager. Your Account Manager will assist you with your initial enrollment and with any questions you have during your plan year.